Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why does my stored procedure need to be reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbarbato

Programmer
Apr 6, 2005
US
I am using crystal XI, oracle 10g, and OLEDB driver...

I am using a stored procedure to set a username that designates what data that user is allowed to access. Therefore, if there is no username set, there will be no data returned.

I drag and drop the stored procedure in the database expert. All the right data shows up and everything is good for a few report runs. However, after a while, I run the report and no data is returned. I go back into database expert and remove the stored procedure, then add it back in. Then it works fine again. This is happening in all of my reports. Is there anything I can do to stop this from happening? Is there a feature of using stored procedures that I may not be aware of? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

I haven't much tried it with XI (I'm using 10 at the moment) but I've found that when using stored procedures its better to use the Oracle drivers rather than OLE DB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back