Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

why does it say "selected project doesn't exist"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StanSteve

Instructor
Sep 22, 2001
US

I have run about 40 programs in JBuilder. But if I go back and try to rerun a particular program, if it is not found under "Window" on the menu bar, I have to go to Open Project. When I type in a project name "forexample.jpr"
it always says "project does not exist", but I know it exists becasue it can see it in the Windows Explorer.
How do I bring up a project with a program that I have already done?
Thanksfor your advice
Stan :)
dominskis@aol.com

Well, I for one simply 'run' the .jpx file by doubleclicking, or select in the file menu 'open file' and browse my way to the .jpx.

I've never tried the .jpr kind, so maybe it's a problem with the project type, or the file could be corrupt? Or maybe you've moved the files to another directory (folder), making the info stored in the project false.

A possible solution would be making a new project (feel free to try the .jpx kind), then adding in all the files and change the project settings to your liking. Not very fun, but I believe it will work. If the files are part of a single package it should be pretty quick work.

Also, you can try moving the files into the original directory, if you can remember where that was ;).

Hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back