Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why does ID quit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

janzag

Programmer
Jun 23, 2003
US
I am in 10.2 (latest version) and have newly installed ID 2. After a short while of working the program quits on me. I have trashed the prefs and made sure I have the latest update (which I got to see if that would solve this).

Here are some factors that might be clues (?): I'm working on a book and I brought over Quark4 saved docs. Right now I have about 200 pages but it did it at less than 100 pages. There is art but not that much. The whole ID doc is at 3.2 MB. I am at a loss where to look for a solution.

You've probably already solved this problem & I don't know if this will help, but have you tried doing a "save as"? I find that with all the undo's available, ID saves everything you do and gets itself confused.Just doing a "save" can leave ghosts which tend to make the program sluggish & cause it to act up. A "save as" will decrease the file size & wipe out all the past history in the document.

Thanks for the suggestion of Save As. I use to do this with PageMaker and I forgot that this can help snags and slow ups. The problem, however, was the font management program, Font Reserve. After doing everything possible, I turned off Font Reserve and ID finally worked right. I have since discovered Font Reserve was also causing problems with my email program, Entourage.

Before we resolve that FontReserve was the culprit, also consider it may have been one of the fonts that it enabled.

- - picklefish - -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back