Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why do JPG files get cut off when printing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feldsott

IS-IT--Management
Aug 13, 2001
US
I'm new to digital photography. I took some pictures and saved them as jpg files. then I tried to print them on normal 8.5x11 paper. Although they looked good on the screen, only a fraction of the picture actually printed out.
I looked at the help file, which had a very long and seemingly complicated explanation of reducing pixels, etc.
Is there an easy way to tell Adobe to just print the darn picture so that it fits on the paper, or do I have to go through contortions? Any advice is appreciated!

Goto Image -> Image Size and check the settings there. Change to just under 8x10 as your printer probably cannot print all the way to the edge since some part of the printer actually has to hold on to the paper as is feeds.

There is one rule: never print something from an image editing program. Use an office program or a graphic one like Coreldraw. It's printing faster and you can place the image exactly.

whoa! use anything but Corel draw! That is unless you dont care about color accuracy, speed and quality. What Daniel meant was use something like Quark XPress or InDesign to place your image just where you want it on the page. Photoshop will print just as good as either of these apps, it just centers everything by default. BEHOLD! As Steve Jobs introduces us the latest in desk-lamp technology!

You might want to choose FILE-PRINT, then select Properties if there is a tab, and select print size to Maximum.

That might work as well

Nate (0598792469)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back