Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why do I get a TIMEOUT (NEWBE Question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddparker

Technical User
Apr 29, 2003
CA
Good day all,

I have an SNMPv1 agent on then 'net'. I can ping the agent and get a reply, I can telnet into the agent to modify the configuration, But when I try to contact the agent using a MIB Browser I Get a TIMEOUT.

At first I thought It was a firwall problem blocking the SNMP but I have now bypassed the firewall and still have the same results.

The SNMPv1 agent is at 192.139.75.184, the netmask is 255.255.255.128 and the gateway is set to 192.139.75.129.

Why can't I connect to this agent with the MIB browser?

ddparker

hi,
As per my knowledge...if u want to see oid results in MIB..u have to load that mib into the MIB-Browser...And for that u please check out for "LOAD MIB" option in your MIB browser...and add ur Agents MIB file into that..Then u can see all the MIB variables avaliable...Please let me know something more u need...
thanks,
sireesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back