Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why did the monitor flash at each start-up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

busuabo

Technical User
Jan 24, 2003
CA
In the last few days, the monitor in my system (NEC MultiSync 70, WinXP Pro, Celeron 900) suddenly flashed in a light orange color a few times before showing the usual screen at start-up. What does this all mean ? How can fix this problem ? Thanks.

My monitor does the same thing when the system is booting up, it always has.

I don't see how it's a problem though.

Thanks, shaner66 , for your comment.
I wonder if this flashing might indicate some issues in the future . This monitor did not behave like this before . As I know nothing about monitor, I need some ressurance that the monitor is O.K .

I'm sure that it is fine, although you're the only one who can actually see exactly what is happening.

When I turn on my PC, while it's starting up, the light on the monitor might go orange for a second, then go green again for a little while, then orange for another second, then goes green for good.

It's normal.

Thanks, shaner66 for your kind comments and opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back