Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why cvs client on suse10 can block ping? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

prosper

Programmer
Sep 4, 2001
HK
I have installed CVS from SUSE 10 DVD including CVS client and CVS server into SUSE Linux Enterprise 10(SUSE 10). I am sure that service of CVS server on this SUSE 10 is configured to be off.

I would use the cvs client on SUSE 10 to connect to the repository maintained by CVSNT running on Windows 2003 server.

It is strange that I can checkout the project stored on repository in console under X-Window mode but I cannot checkout using ssh.

I use pserver in CVS to checkout project.
It is also strange that it seems I cannot ping that SUSE 10 and I cannot login that SUSE 10 after I use CVS to try to checkout.

Anyone knows why I cannot checkout in ssh? and why I cannot ping SUSE 10 and login SUSE 10 after I use CVS client to checkout?

Thanks for any help

Have you added exceptions to the SuSE firewall via Yast?

IF SAFE TO DO SO try the command "SuSEfirewall2 stop" and try again

Also is SSH configured to run at the runlevel you are using? Check it out with "rcsshd status" - if it's set to "unused" then to need to set it to autostart with chkconfig.

You can see what's running at specific runleves with this command: chkconfig --list | grep "3:eek:n"

or grep "5:eek:n" depending on runlevel. I presume since you mention X that you are using full GUI so therefore you need to check it for runlevel 5.

If I have misunderstood...my apologies.

'When all else fails.......read the manual'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back