Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why couldn't send Email out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceandeep

IS-IT--Management
Jul 6, 2000
GR
We have Lotus Domino R5 installed on our NT4 server. I just changed the DNS server to MS DNS server, the previous one is called DNS BIND? I am sure it is well configured, but finally I we found that we couldn't send email out. But we couldn't get any rejection error. Then I changed it back to its original dns server, all the email we had sent were sent out.<br>I am quite new to Domino email server, could anybody here enlighten me?<br>Thanks a lot!

One thing you may wanna check is that the new DNS Server has the Outbound Server specified with the correct IP address.

Is the outbound server our email exchange server, which the MX record refers to?

Make sure the server which has to send out the emails contains the DNS address of your ISP
Are you using Notes clients to send the mail ?
Peter Van Eeckhoutte
peter.ve@pandora.be

I don't seem to be able to receive external emails until I send an external one myself and then a whole bunch of them arrives. What could be wrong? I am using Outlook 97 with Exchange 5.5.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back