Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why cant I see all of my report????!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 16, 2001
GB
OK, just when I thought I had Business Objects all figured out, this one came along...

I have a simple crosstab report that shows revenue generated by sales region. The xtab has 6 columns. The first two show revenue achieved last month, one column for current year and one for previous year. The 3rd column is a %age variance on these first two revenue figures. The other 3 columns are exactly the same as the first 3, except that rather than showing revenue only for the previous month, they show revenue for the year to date, (current year and previous year).

That bit was easy. What has me completely stumped is this;

Take a situation where the previous month (the one shown in my xtab) is June. I have a sales region 'X' that generated revenue in Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr and May but NOT in June. Therefore, because my xtab is filtering to show June revenue, sales region 'X' does not appear in my xtab.
However, sales region 'X' HAS contributed revenue to the year to date figure, and its revenue from previous months of the year is included in the totals at the bottom of the year to date column, even though sales region 'X' cannot be seen in the report!

This is a problem, because the report audience is rejecting the report because the sum of the (visible) values in the xtab does equal the total shown at the bottom!

I basically need to tell Business Objects to filter to show a month, but to show me ALL sales regions irrespective of whether or not the sales region generated revenue in that filtered month.

This is mega frustrating! Can anyone out there please help?!

Hello, Have you tried using the NoFilter() function? You can wrap it around the syntax of any field you wish to ignore filters on. I'm afraid I don;t have time to understand your problem fully but this may help.

Hi bensonpa,

Thanks for your speedy reply!

Yes, I use the NoFilter function extensively in my reports, but the problem I have is that Business Objects is not ignoring any data, Rather it is just not displaying elements (sales regions) where there are no values (revenue) for the filtered month.

HI philloyd

What about running two queries, one for ytd, on for 'this month' (or 'last month', whatever) and you won't need to put any filters in the report (not for this problem anyway)

nathanjones

Hi,

PLease check if the problem lies in the design of model, where the row is being missed out for that month.. Try using coverage tables if required..

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back