Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why Can't I Import from Photoshop 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

joecdn

Programmer
Oct 28, 2003
CA
OK ... I'm sure this has been asked, but I can't find the right forum. I created a map with Roll Overs in Photoshop/Image Ready. All I want to do is put it in an existing .htm file I have created in Dreamweaver. But, for some reason it's not working properly ... Am I doing something wrong? I figured there would be an easy way to import it, isn't there? Any insight would be great.

Thanks in advance

yes, the easy way is by looking at your code and knowing what it means....then editing it.
there is no "import from IR" in DW....DW creates its own set of Javascript that triggers the Behavior of rollovers.....IR does the same...differnt code.
1. post the code
or
2. re-do it in DW

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

I kind of figured it was like that, but I thought I'd check.

Thanks for your help

but dont dispare...U already have images so u can stip to [part2]
but in the future:
[part1]
simply let PS/IR do the slicing...NOT the rollovers...then "save for web" and this will produce HTML file with slices that u selected = the rollover parts.
As of now you would have "image(s)UP".
The save a copy of PSD file on which u will alter the desired effect of "rolled" state and repeat the process of generating "imagesOVER"....this will create both states.....

[Dreamwaver]
In DW just "Insert Rollover Image" and point to both images created.
This is assuming that u just use PS/IR + DW...

[part2]
if use GoLive then simply scrap the JavaScript (in the HTML file created by goLive) assosicated with rollovers and use the DW techinque described in [Dreamweaver].
All the best!

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back