Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why can't anything I want be easy (query criteria question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AidanEnos

MIS
Dec 11, 2000
Ok,

I have a report, EndUserReport - recordsource is EndUserQuery

If I make the criteria [Enter CustomerIdentifier] then a data entry box will appear so the user can enter the CustomerIdentifier and that will satisfy the query and run the report.

Instead of Typing the CustomerIdentifier, I'd like that dta entry box to appear as a combo box that can pull data from EITHER an existing Query called "customerstablequery" (that I use to populate the combo box on frm Main), OR it can get the list from CustomersTable, CustomerIDentifier field.

are you trying to do a parameter query? (one that searches based on dynamic criteria)

Yes, dynamic that I want the user to select from a list in a table. I don't want to have to statically change the query list each time a new CustomerIdentifier is added - I want that added to the list based on the table.

How are ya AidanEnos . . .

You'll have to make a seperate pop-up form for this with listbox and add a Public Variable to a module.

What you do is use a function in the query instead, which opens the form modal. Code in the form transfers your selection to the public variable and closes the form. The function continues from here and returns the public variable to the query.

[blue]Your Thoughts? . . .[/blue]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see thread181-473997

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back