Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why are any image files that I send so darn big?

Status
Not open for further replies.

starman54

Technical User
Jul 6, 2000
US
This is absolutely the most frustrating issue I have. Whether I scan an image or download from a digital camera, the images that show up in IE as an attachment to an email or whatever are absolutely HUGE!<br><br>I have tried changing the resolution of the image (JPEG format), different formats, resizing, you name it.<br><br>Does anyone know what's happening to me?<br><br>Thanks

When you say &quot;huge&quot;, how huge are you talking?<br><br>If you're using a digital camera, chances are JPEG is the only format you'll want to use. What are the dimensions of one of your images that has a huge file size (in terms of width and height)? <p>Liam Morley<br><a href=mailto:lmorley@wpi.edu>lmorley@wpi.edu</a><br><a href=] :: imotic :: website :: [</a><br>"light the deep, and bring silence to the world.<br>
light the world, and bring depth to the silence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back