Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why anchor tag does not work in table tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

priyag

Programmer
Dec 7, 2002
US
I have a application devided in frames written in JSP. The top frame has a dropdown from which user can select a pericular section. When user selects a perticular section from top frame the bottom frame should automatically scroll upto that section.

these sections are defined in bottom frme using anchor tag.
If I put the anchor tag in table <td> tag iut doesn't work but when I put it outside of table it works.
but I have to make it work within table tag. Can anyone help? I have noted one more thing in static html anchor works within table tags but not in JSP.

This is how top frame calls bottom frame sections. objSelect is the dropdown name.

var section = objSelect.value;
window.parent.parent.frames['oppBody'].location.href = &quot;oppBody.jsp#&quot; + section;

Hi PriyaG,
Could you please send us the section of the code where you are putting achors inside table <td>. I guess that you might be missing some closing html tags that is creating this issue. Please verify code throughly and if you still doesn't find it then send the code. Experience teaches slowly and at the cost of mistakes [pipe]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back