Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why am I recieving corrupt images?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSWatson

Programmer
May 24, 2010
EU
Hey

I have developed a server application that streams video to client applications. The client applications record or view these video streams. My problem is that I recieve images that are corrupt quite regularly. Below is an example of one of the corrupt images,

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this?

Thanx

It could be anything really, you need to supply more information about your setup. Are you streaming the video via UDP? if so it could be caused by packet loss. Or the software or hardware is dropping a frame occasionally? It could even be caused by a memory problem.

Does this apply
Microsoft currently has an issue which is resulting in a valid picture frame at the entry point into the stream to be dropped and replaced with an 'empty' padding frame. The loss of this frame causes corruption of video in all hardware and software decoding of the stream. The specific sequence of events triggers a prolonged error recovery sequence on ATI hardware. Microsoft and ATI are working together to address this issue.

[navy]When I married "Miss Right" I didn't realise her first name was 'always'. LOL[/navy]

Definitely looks like bandwidth problem/packets being dropped rather than data corruption.

/

tim@tim-laptop ~ $ sudo apt-get install windows
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package windows...Thank Goodness!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back