Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why am I getting vertical black bars in Premiere Pro CS3?!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filmkid2003

Technical User
Oct 1, 2008
US
Hey Guys I recently had a new computer custom built specifically for video editing and upgraded from Premiere 6.0 to Premiere Pro CS3 v3.0. When I take a project that was edited using Premiere 6.0 and open it up in Premiere Pro CS3, I get the vertical black bars on the video clips in the timeline and also on the Program monitor when I play the timeline. BUT, when I click on any of those video clips listed on the import menu to the left, the clips play fine without the vertical black bars on the Source monitor! I didn't have the vertical black bars when I captured the video clips from my VHS-C camcorder, and the vertical black bars didn't show up on any of the video clips when I was editing in Premiere 6.0, and the vertical black bars never showed up when I exported to an AVI in Premiere 6.0 either! Now, if I import a video clip into the same project and onto the same timeline, that clip will not have the vertical black bars on either side and the bars won't show up on that clip in the Program monitor either! Premiere Pro CS3 Why are they showing up now in Premiere Pro CS3 even when I export to an uncompressed Microsoft AVI at 4:3 NTSC?!!! How do I get rid of the vertical black bars? Thanks.

SYSTEM:

Windows Vista 64-Bit SP1
2.6 Gigahertz Intel quad core processor (G33 Express Chipset)
8Gb DDR dual channel 6400/800 RAM
2 separate 500Gb SATA 3GB/sec 16Mb cache buffer Hard Drives
1 TB SATA 3GB/sec 32MB cache buffer RAID Hard Drive (2 x 500Gb)
Nvidia 8600 GT 512Mb Graphics Card
Have all the latest updates for Premiere Pro CS3
Have all the latest drivers for my hardware

In Premiere 6, all clips were automatically scaled to fit the project frame size. In Premiere Pro, that is an option which is selectable, but not on by default.

You could try changing the preference and then re-importing your P6 project again.

If that doesn't fix it, you might want to read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back