Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why ADP forms don't refresh after change

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeARe

Programmer
Aug 8, 2003
PL
hi,

i have problem that makes me creazy ;)

scenario 1: adp project works in multi user environment. 2 users open concurently the same form binded to ms sql data.
they look into data moving beetween records.
problem 1:eek:ne of them changes data in some records but other have the same data as before - why not refreshed.

scenario 2: adp project works in single user environment. user opens form with some text fields and combo boxes binded to ms sql data (combo boxes have own record sources but value is derived from values from main query). user changes data, binded to combo box, by clicking button but value in combo box is the same like before - why not refreshed.

ok i've wrote bunch of special procedures to hanlde that situations and refreshed data in background events BUT WHY ACCESS ADP don't do it itself. this situation complicate even most simple forms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back