Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why a client takes forever to backup using Networker 7.2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hjagpal

MIS
May 14, 2007
US
All other clients in a group backs up fine except for one particular client. This client takes forever and by the time the next backup cycle tries to kick in, it fails since another backup is already running. I can't see anything in the daemon log that is causing this issue. I also notice the bandwidth goes down to only 300Kbps from 5Mbps just because of this client taking a while to backup.

I tried running the backup manually using the save command and it's giving me the same problem. I don't see any errors in the log. I'm running W2k and Networker 7.2.2. Please advise.

You have toprovide more Information :

What kind of Client, which savesets etc..

The client is running linux and saveset field shows it's backing up ALL.

make sure that the nic card is NOT set for "auto", ensure it is set to full duplex.

Besides that it could have a lot of other potential issues - a huge number of very small files would just be one possibility.

However, these problems are usually network related. Do not forget to check the name resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back