Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Who's logged in at that remote workstation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBruyet

IS-IT--Management
Apr 6, 2001
US
Hey all, I'm trying to find a way to see who is logged on at remote workstations. The workstations are all Windows 7 SP1 and they're all on a local network. I've tried the following:

query session /server:<servername>
PSloggedon \\<servername>
Get-WmiObject Win32_ComputerSystem -ComputerName $<server> | Select-Object -ExpandProperty UserName

and none of them work -- I get various Permission Denied errors. I tried logging into my laptop using the Domain Admin account and running them but I still get the "Denied" errors. What utilities do the rest of you use to find out who is logged into a remote workstation?

Thanks,

Joe B

Hi guitarzan, I was hoping to find something that would work without my having to visit every workstation on the system. Hmmm... I was just thinking maybe I could use a policy for remote registry and seclogon.

Thanks,

Joe B

Yes, that would be my next try... Figure out what works and create a GPO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back