Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Who Supports your Business Objects Enterprise internally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HCSOBOXI

Technical User
May 6, 2008
US
Hello All,

Who handles the support calls for your Business Objects Enterprise XI application? How many people support it? Is it demanding for your organization? I know this depends on the amount of people you are supporting but I am more looking for if it is a team, an administrator, and how many people.

Thank you!

Rule #1 - it should never be a single Administrator. You should always have a team to cover vacations/illness, and employee departure.

We have 3.5 staff assigned to the internal Business Objects team supporting the infrastructure/content for 40+ national .NET SDK applications.

1 x Team Leader
2 x Technical Analyst/Support
.5 x Consultant (external)

The Technical Analyst/Support handle the day-to-day support issues...

- User Changes
- Content Changes
- End-User Problems (Help Desk)

The Team Leader and the Consultant co-ordinate...

- Project management/budgets
- Report-content standards
- Threat-Risk Assessment / compliance
- BOE infrastructure changes
- BOE release management
- Customer integration plans
- New BOE functionality

We are not in the Universe or Report Development business.

We provide the infrastructure / tools and the Report-content standards to our clients. They are then directed to select from an approved list of internal/external Universe or Report developers to generate their "content".

We are structured this way because there is no charge-back or "client-cost" to use the BOE infrastructure / tools - but they do have to cover the expenses of creating their "content".

MJRBIM,

Thank you so much for this information. It helps me plan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back