Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

who is on the lan

Status
Not open for further replies.

madisonjoy

Technical User
Mar 15, 2004
CA
Hello
Is there anything i can use to monitor who is currently logged on the network. I want to see who is 'working' in real time

jim

might not give you all the specs you are looking for but it will tell you who is and who isnt on

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention
of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,
totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming

--"WOW-- What a Ride!"

On your server Right Click My Computer. Choose Manage. Look under Shared Folders, Sessions.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Funny, It should work, just type NET SESSION (do not type word switch).

Regards,
Sam

STILL DOESN'T WORK
SAYS
THERE ARE NO ENTRIES ON THE LIST

Don't laugh but I use an IP scanner called Angry IP Scanner. Tells me which workstations are on line and who is logged on at them. Probably numerous similar products out there but this one was free!

I have had a look at Angry IP Scanner and it works well. How do you get it to show you who is logged in at the workstation?

puzzledunix and marcdmac are useful for telling you who is logged into that particular computer, but doesnt do anything for telling you about who's logged onto the network.

As johng75 suggests Look @ LAN will tell you, it can quickly scan all your nodes and tell you who is logged on and a host of other info. It's free and doesn't require anything installed on the clients.

"Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar." - Sigmund Freud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back