Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Who has application active?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RITec

MIS
May 15, 2002
US
I have a new application installed on 15 computers in three different buildings sharing one license. Each person is keeping a log of time spent using the application to determine if a second license is needed.

Is there an easy way to tell who has the application active at a given time? Other than calling each person to see if they have the application active.

Is there a way to keep a centralized automated log?

Ideally I would like to maybe place this on the intranet to show whom the current user is.

They do all have access to a shared folder.

I also thought about creating a shared folder just for the people who use that application. (Only to see who has the application active).

Any help is much appreciated.

[poke]
RITec

I am assuming that the clients connect to some sort of server so you could always look on the server to see who has files open.

That would work for you - not sure about your Intranet idea...

Andy Leates MCSE CCNA MCP+I

Andy,
Thank you for responding

Yes we all sign on to the same domain.
I could look under manage and see who has what program open, but I was hoping there might be an easier way. we have about 300 computer some running multiple applications.

I was kinda hoping for something like a script the would tell me who is on and which machine.

I am trying to write my a script but not having much progress.

RITec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back