Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Who has access to SYSADM in your ogranization?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkbirch

Technical User
Jul 22, 2002
CA
Hi everyone,

Recently, I have heard discussions on who should have the Access ID/Password in an organization (e.g. Security, Developers, DBA, and other parts of the comuunity)

How has your organization restricted this access?

while DBA is the one who sets up sysadm, he shouldn't be PeopleSoft administrator. In the best of the worlds you have Unix admin ('root'), NT admin ('Administrator'), DBA ('oracle'), and PeopleSoft admin ('VP1' and 'sysadm'). These are different roles, requiring different skills, and to assume that DBA will administer PeopleSoft is a very risky path. And just like you have a DBA team (3-4 people, on-call, etc.), you would want to have at least 3 people in PeopleSoft administration team.

Then, of course, reality strikes and you have one DBA that is also PeopleSoft admin who is on call 24/7 and whose cell goes off the hook every time a process schedule goes down

Do I know you, because apparently you seem to know me.

Story of my life these last 4 years, everyday there's so much treadmill work ... expend lots of effort but getting nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back