Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

White Labeling Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat1102

MIS
Jun 3, 2002
CA
Hi There,

I've been assigned the task at work to gather my client's requirements around 'white labeling' our Web application. We will use these requirements as a standard to provide similar service and customization for other clients.
There is not much information out there on the design aspect of white labeling e-bus. applications. I understand the concept of what is required but I'm at a total loss for where to even start on these requirements.
Anybody with any comments, experience or advice would be greatly appreciated ASAP.

Thanks a bunch!
Kat

Generally, you are allowing them to show your product as theirs. Things to consider are stuff like :
1. If using SSL/CreditCard how to brand product to their name and SSL effectively (making sure credit card statement reads their name
2. What type of branding capability would they like i.e., titles, image tags, meta tags, copyright symbols etc.
3. Images how specific to them are you going to be ?

Keeping all this in mind (and the programming necessary for you to do it cost-effectively) seem to be the most important

hope that helps you get started, generally I look at from the point of view if the app was mine how would I want it to reflect my company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back