Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

White Background Prints Yellow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fotoman

Technical User
May 7, 2003
GB
I've opened a new document in PhotoShop 7 with a "white" background and have montaged a couple of photographs on to it.
When I print directly from PhotoShop to my Epson R300 inkjet printer, the background, which is supposed to be pure white, prints out as a light yellowy/beige.

If I import the photograph into QuarkXpress and print it out, the background is a nice clean white. What's going on inside PhotoShop?

As I'm in Europe my Colour Profile is set on PhotoShop 5 Default Space (sRGB IEC61966-2.1) but it doesn't matter what profile I use, it's still the same colour creeping in for the background.

Any ideas will be most gratefully received.

Fotoman

Crime Pays...
...unless you're a motorist!

...usually the sign of a profile conversion in the driver or by photoshop, ensure either photoshop or the print driver is managing color and not both the driver and photoshop...

...also check your destination profile is the correct printer profile...

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back