Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

white background image changes after saving

Status
Not open for further replies.

voodoojon

Technical User
Dec 18, 2003
GB
I set up some reports which included an image, imported from a .bmp of grey text on a white background. when later printing I noticed that the white image appears to be very light blue, despite it being perfect white in the bmp. I tried various resizing/importing options, and it appeared to print fine until I saved and reloaded the report. After reloading The image appears light blue on screen, and unsurprisingly also prints light blue again. Obviously I need to be able to save the report, so how can I stop this happening? Has anyone encountered this before?

thanks in advance

Jon

One day I will find a signature worthy of this space. That day has not yet come.

try saving the image with a different format before hand jpeg is usually best and is also light in size. Make sure the the white is still white after the conversion and then re-import it.

Mo

I got it by saving as a different format (tif), then resaving as a bmp. apparently crystal had a problem with the original bmp format. I avoid jpeg cos I worry that compression might have some adverse effects and size isn't an issue.

Jon

One day I will find a signature worthy of this space. That day has not yet come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back