Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Whistle Noise when Opening Voice Session

Status
Not open for further replies.

FelixCCM

Technical User
Jun 29, 2016
DE
Hey Folks,

I'm getting a strange, whistle-like noise (just for a second) before a voice segment is played via "Open Voice Session". That Problem only seems to occur when music was played before. Here's a part from the script:

[...call was already queued to a skillset at this Point...]

Open Voice Session 7600
play prompt Voice Segment Football_Hello
end Voice Session

Section WaitLoop

give Music 74
wait 40
Open Voice Session 7600
play prompt Voice Segment Football_Wait1
end Voice Session
wait 30
[...further Voice Sessions and Music...]

Like I said - First Voice Segment (Football_Hello) is always fine , Noise occurs at Football_Wait1 and every Voice Segment following. The Voice Segments are fine - listened to then via ApplicationBuilder.

What might be the reason for this and how could I fix it?

I'm new to this Forum. So I'm sorry for not following all the rules.

Thanks in advance, Felix

Not sure what the problem is but maybe you could try changing GIVE MUSIC to GIVE SILENCE and test. That might indicate a problem with the music source or trunk.
Is the music source on a MIRAN card? I've heard of trouble with noise on MIRAN cards though not a whistle.

Thank you Stanley!

Music source is an external Player in this case. We're using a MIRAN too, but same problem when I use music from there.

I've tested GIVE SILENCE in various constellations. Conclusions:
- Using only GIVE SILENCE (instead of GIVE MUSIC): No whistling!
- Using GIVE MUSIC and then GIVE SILENCE for 5 seconds before VOICE SESSION: Whistling is expanded for the duration of GIVE SILENCE (very annoying).

Another conclusion: There's a delay between the script-defined WAIT-Duration and the start of the VOICE SESSION (1 to 2 seconds).
- GIVE SILENCE for script-defined 30 seconds, I have to wait 32 seconds until the VOICE SEGMENT starts.
- GIVE MUSIC for script-defined 30 seconds, I hear 30 seconds of Music and then about 2 seconds whistling.

Is it possible that the server needs to much time to find the VOICE SEGMENT (due to a too high number auf SEGMENTS), and so bridges the time-gap with that whistling?

Thanks, Felix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back