Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Whisper Page on Release 7.0 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhashiNoel

Technical User
Nov 21, 2009
BR
Is there a chance Release 7.0 will support Whisper Page Feature?

Why do you want a Whisper action to be paged ?
A whisper action is there so you can accept or deny the whisper recording.
A page can not do that.

You can build something simular.

Use a voice question and then use a post dail action with the recording you have made and page that.

ACSS-sarcaSME

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

I think what they are looking for is the ability to intercom an individual while they are on the phone without the caller hearing the intercom announcement and without the caller being put on hold. This was available on older systems with multiple talk paths however the IP Office has only 1 (1 pair of wire and all).

Kyle Holladay
ACSS SME Communications
ACE Implement: IP Office
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

I think it is a stupid way of working.
Why putting a page right trough a conversation ?
I think that is rude and annoying because you can not listen at two different things.
If the messages are that important then there should be a separate paging system.

ACSS-sarcaSME

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

I agree in a day where we have instant message (IM) and such where we can communicate such information in a less intrusive manner but in some places it is still very common. Unfortunatley it is not an option that we can offer.

Kyle Holladay
ACSS SME Communications
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

@TLPETER
Peter, try not to be agressive with Avaya Users. We're no naive managers here, dude. When one IT Manager states an opinion it's beacause he knows what his business needs are. No need to explain why he'd need any requested feature. If it's needed then it's beacuse it's important. Whisper page surely saves a huge amount of time on Training new staff.

@OhashiNoel,

I agree with your comment but on the other hand you have to understand that implementing these legacy features significantly delays more advanced and exciting features that can make this a more competative product.

Kyle Holladay
ACSS SME Communications
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back