Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Whisper Page Not Working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RivenE

Systems Engineer
Sep 15, 2017
US
Hey everyone, for the life of me I cannot get Whisper page to work in IPOffice. We have server addition with 9608 IP Phones. Per the recommendation on another post, I created a hunt group, added the user I want to Whisper to and made sure "can intrude" is selected under my user and "can be intruded" is selected on the other user. I then added the monitor group hunt group I created to the other user and tested. When I whisper page to the user, I cannot hear any of the conversation but the agent can hear me. So it is partially working but I cannot hear anything but silence. Thoughts?

Thanks

From the description of the feature "allows you to intrude on another user and be heard by them without being able to hear the user's existing call". So its working exactly as it should.

If I understood what you want correctly you need to be using a 'Coaching Intrusion' option rather than 'Whisper Page'.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

I am an idiot, I thought that was the Whisper page function. I found the coach feature (didn't know it existed). Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.

Also consider call steal if the agent is acting extra belligerent.

daddy? are you doing blah blah blah things again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back