Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

While trying to use report writer this error show up

Status
Not open for further replies.

titoneon

MIS
Dec 11, 2009
US
Hello Guys,
Error 13 Alias no found
Called from: Lprevfrx line number 182
Program coed causing error
NOT.EMPTY(COMPID+APPLID).AND..NOT.DELETE()

We just moved SBT 5.0 PRO FROM the old Nt server 4.0 to Windows 2008 server stand r2, everything it is ok but those user that joined the domain, are not capable to run some of those report from the report writer, only me that i am still in win xp pro and i did not joined the domain, any suggestion is very appreciated
Thanks a lot
Ernesto

Try going to an application first ( AR, AP, SO ...) And select a company. Then go to the report writer.

Edgar
Integrated Bar Code Systems, LLC

Edgar,
Everyone is capable of using everything, it just when the user for a reason need to run a report from report writer, then some of them shows the error mentioned above, so
i don't get what do you mean by going into a module first if anyway they all have been in there already w/o a problem since the day i made the changes, it is only happening to hem, it does not happens to me, i did not joined the domain, so i guess it has to be some kind of permission but don't know what folder i should go, that has to do with
report writer

titoneon,
I think your users are going right to the report writer first.
I had my clients experience the same error. For some reason Report Writer needs to have a company number in memory. By going to an appliation first, Report writer populates what it needs. You may have customized report which needs a company and/or application.

Edgar

Hi Edgar,
The way we do it, is
1- first select report writer
2- select the company number for which we want the report to run
3- select the existing report to run

One thing i realized is, that after we moved SBT to the new server and my users JOINED the Domain CONTROLLER, is when they select the Rep Writer, there is a message, that says something like " the fonts need to be installed, install or continue", it does not happens to me in my win xp pro workst. and i am not joining the domain, but then after that message, most of the existing reports gave them the error i mentioned in my first Post.
Any suggestions
Thanks a lot

Titoneon,
Please, your answer suggests you ignored my response.Did you try it ?
Also, try deleting all *.mem from the pro directory and subdirectories.

What operating system are you using for the other workstation. ?

Edgar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back