Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Which way does XP do dual monitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gi0

Technical User
Feb 14, 2002
US
In Windows NT and 2000, dual monitor support is handled as if it were one large monitor, and so consequently all windows that come up appear in the middle of the "one" monitor, which displays half on the left monitor, and half on the right. This is very, very annoying as it is diffucult to read like that. You can move the windows on to either monitor to read, but that gets really old.

In Win98 and ME, however, dual monitor support is much nicer. They actually recognize both monitor as being unique, and everything appears on one monitor or the other.

Does anyone know which way XP does it? I'm guessing that it probably does it like 2000 since that's the understructure of the OS, but I'm praying I'm wrong.

It does it like one monitor or another...not like one big monitor. 1 monitor is the primary monitor (all the programs open on it) the other one you can move stuff to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back