Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

which version of crystal reports for boxi 4.1; Help 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

t1sugar

Technical User
Mar 21, 2017
GB
Hi Folks,

I hope some of you fine Business Objects Guru's can help,

I have started a new job where they currently use Business Objects 3.0 build 12.1, but have said they intend on upgrading to BOXI 4.1 in the summer.
They would like me to write some crystal reports for use in "Infoview" viewable by various users. They have also stated a preference to connect to the views they have already created against various universes, Hope this is making sense so far.

What would be the most appropriate Crystal Version to use. I have used CR XI R2 quite extensively but that was a good 5-7 years ago and as such cant remember if it could do what is required above, also there has been numerous CR releases since then so I am a little lost as to which version would be the best choice; xi developer or one of the many later editions and if so which one?

Hope someone can point me in the right direction, also I have had no response from SAP with the above query despite trying to contact them through various channels :(

Many thanks in advance
Tony

If you are going to publish to the BOXI 4.1 (which is really BI 4.1). You need to have Crystal Reports 2013. For the most part, any old report should 'convert' nicely. Not a whole lot has changed. There may be some nice features (been too long since I used CR XI) that you can use.

Thanks ever so much, for the sage advise CR2013 sounds sounds good.

For the 3.0 system, however, you'll need Crystal 2008.

A couple of other things to note:

1. The current version of BO is 4.2. They might want to look at upgrading to the latest instead of to 4.1.

2. With the upgrade in BO, come some additional issues for using universes in Crystal. If they will be upgrading the universes to the new .unx format, then any existing Crystal reports that use them will have to be converted to Crystal for Enterprise as "classic" Crystal will only connect to .unv universes.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back