Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Which program to use building asp and VBscripts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petal

Programmer
Jun 8, 2001
NO
I should work with some asp/vbscripts the next weeks. I wounder wich program(shareware?) that is recomended to use programming in this languages?

I think Macromedia Dreamweaver UltraDev is a pretty good program to do ASP in. If you have the patience (or high speed internet) you can download the 30-day evaluation version from Macromedia.com =)

Jisoo22

The "Microsoft" Program, is Visual Interdev, this is the program you use for Web Development under the microsoft platform, Macromedia Ultra Dev, has support for ASP, but it does not act like Interdev, allowing you to connect directly to the server via Frontpage extension.

To me ultradev is more of a clientside IDE , thats capable of ASP highlighting, and FTP uploading. Karl Blessing aka kb244{fastHACK}
kblogo.jpg

Visual Interdev's the one, macromedia ultradev tries to do everything for you and tends to fill up your code with pointless extra bits that make the code unefficient, the highlighting is also not to good.

Visual interdev highlights the code nicely has a knoledge of a good few of the objects, ie if you type "response." it will bring up a list of all it's parameters you can use. If you install the knowledge base aswell it has help on everything, it's the best one for VBScript

I will suggest Visual Studio. It's an expensive item, but well worth it. Visual InterDev in the Visual Studio 6.0 Package is incredible when combined with Personal Web Server (NT Option Pack 4).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back