Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Which Platform would you consider best for GroupWise

Status
Not open for further replies.

rillenbri1

IS-IT--Management
Nov 7, 2006
US

Good Evening to All,

My question is which platform would you consider best for GroupWise 7 with Intellisync mobile server, and Why?

Thank you for your response.
rillenbri1

It really depends on the network as a whole.

Yea, GroupWise agents do run on Windows, doesn't mean you want to run them there though. But if your in a pure windows enviroment, then it maybe the best since the IT staff would better capable of working with it.

For best performance and scalability, I would choose SLES. Novell is making a big push into the Linux market and has great support for GroupWise agents on Linux. It would be the choice for the long term. However, you would need the linux knowledge for the server upkeep. Linux support is fairly easy to find, and the Internet community has a vast amount of knowledge to tap from.

In most cases, NetWare is the best option since itis familure ground for more Novell shops. It's a tried and prooven OS platform that most IT shops are very familure with. Draw back it, it seems many customers are having a difficult time finding support for NetWare these days .... they do tend to slap their forheads when I point them to the partner locator on Novell's web site.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Brent Schmidt Certified nut case [hippy]
Senior Network Engineer
Keep IT Simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back