Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Which OS Version 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmmagow

Technical User
Jan 2, 2002
US
Hi, I've got a SUN V245 server that originally came with pre-installed Solaris 10. The machine suffered a hard drive failure and is basically toast. I want to order a DVD set from Sun. Since this thing is a server is there a special version I sould order or Expanded Solaris 10 0/07 all I need. I'l be running a webserver on the thing if that matters.

Thanks Much

I don't think you need a special version. Just order "the latest version of Solaris 10". I would also download and apply the latest patchkits from the 'sunsolve' website. Additionally, I would recommend 'mirroring' the hard disks to prevent another disk failure causing the same problem. Software mirroring (Solaris Volume Manager) comes free with Solaris 10. Also checkout the free software download website for Sun/Solaris at .

I hope that helps.

Mike

Thanks Mike, that's just what I was hoping. And YES, I am going to mirror this thing this time. I totally blew myself out not being careful about the initial install a few months back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back