Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Which Organisers work with Outlook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GwydionM

Programmer
Oct 4, 2002
GB
For years, I have used an old Organiser called an iPad with my version of Outlook 2002. It's convenient to be able to syncronise them. So far so good.

Recently I moved to a new PC running Windows 7. It runs Outlook OK but refused to recognise the Orraniser. It supposedly searched software but found nothing.

Is there some simple way round? Failing that, which of the current crop of Organisers will syncronise with Outlook under Windows 7? Please let me know.

------------------------------
An old man [tiger] who lives in the UK

Wait, you used an iPad for years? I guess it's not the Apple iPad, but something that was available before?

If you don't get a good answer here (I know I have no clue), you may want to try this forum:
forum601

Sorry, it's an iPad, not an iPaq. Thanks for the direction to a better forum.

------------------------------
An old man [tiger] who lives in the UK

[ROFL2]

You mean an iPaq is what you do have, right? Just making sure. [smile]

If that's the case, then it's likely running a Windows Pocket PC edition. I know you can set it up using IMAP and possibly POP3 directly on the device. And then you can sync it with Outlook via the sync settings on the device. At least that's the way my old Dell Axim worked, best I recall.

There was me soooo hoping that Apple would discover they were in breach of a barely-known trademark and have to rename their iPad... Schadenfreude is such an evil temptation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back