Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Which logon is tied to the Monitor program? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

broody81

Vendor
Jan 18, 2006
US
As part of a company wide security policy all default passwords were changed and some of the default logons were disabled in security.

Since then, when we try to run Monitor to look at traces, etc. it just hangs saying "trying to connect". In the Monitor program, I can enter a password, but it doesn't really show what the login name is that it's related to.

For example if our Administrator password changed, I would enter the new one in Monitor and expect it to work, however it doesn't.

Does Monitor tie to Administrator or one of the others that I disabled such as Operator, EnhTcpaService, etc. I am thinking that several are disabled, perhaps I disabled access for Monitor as well.

in the security settings go to System, Unsecured Interfaces.

system, vm and monitor can all be changed at the top.

APSS/ACIS/ACSS-SME
not arrogant, just succinct.

Relevant:

System Password: Default = 'password'. Range = 0 to 31 characters.
This password is required by some legacy applications such as Monitor and Call Status. It is also used for control unit software upgrades.

· VM Pro Password: Default = Blank. Range = 0 to 31 characters.
This password is required if a matching password is also set through the Voicemail Pro client application. Typically no password is set.

· Monitor Password: Default = Blank. Range = 0 to 31 characters.
This password, if set, is used by the System Monitor application. If this password is not set, those applications use the system password. If changing this password with no previous password set, enter the system password as the old password.

APSS/ACIS/ACSS-SME
not arrogant, just succinct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back