Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WHICH KIND OF PCMCIA FLASH CARDS FOR OPT 11 C??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulentbuster1

Technical User
Jan 27, 2003
TR
HI EVERYBODY ;

WHICH KIND OF PCMCIA FLASH CARD WILL I USE FOR UPGRADE OR SOMETHING ELSE FOR OPT 11 C RLS 25.40 FOR USING IT WITH THE CPU CARD???

AS I LEARNT THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF CARD. TYPE 1 AND TYPE 2

I BOUGHT ONE AND TRY TO USE IT WITH PCMCIA PROGRAMMER CARD WHICH I DOWNLOADED FROM MORTEL WEB SITE BUT THE CPU CARD couldnt recognýze ýt.

PLEASE HELP ME BECAUSE I WILL HAVE TO CHANGE M3900 SETS LANGUAGES IMMEDIATELY.

THABKS.....

Hi,

It doesn't really matter which PCMCIA flash card you use, as long as it isn't formatted using nt/win2k/xp.

You must format the card with win9x or the switch will not recognize the card.

Marc D.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

It isn't so easy as to say that it is sufficient to have any PCMCIA formatted by win98.
Many PCMCIA even formatted by win98 will not work!

I have tried many and formatted like above, but no luck!

I have now got a card that does work.
(45 Mb)

It is:
Billionton systems inc
ATA Flash PC card
P/N ATHI-045B

Actually, Size does matter!!

SSC cards on Rls 24 and earlier can only use 48Meg Card and Rls, 25.08 and higher can use up to a 64 Meg Card.

They are right about the formatting, although if you get Type II ATA flash cards, they are usually formatted for use!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back