Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Which is better quality and less noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonslice

ISP
Mar 30, 2002
US
I'm going to buy a TiVo with either a Western Digital or Maxtor hard drive.

1)Which is of better quality

2) Which will be quieter?

Thanks in advance,
Jim

Quality, I'm not sure. Had both, had problems with both. I know my current Maxtor is quiet as a mouse though. My current Maxtor has been giving me problems, but I found out something more important than noise...customer service. Maxtor has the best customer service of any computer componant maker I have ever come across. No hassle, no haggle. They will even send the new drive before you have to send in the old one (with a credit card for those who forget to send in the old one). I am astounded at how easy it was to get a new drive. A couple of minutes at thier site and it will be here Tuesday, no questions asked. And the warranty is three years, go figure. I know this doesn't address you direct question, but will tell everyone about my recent service from Maxtor when they are trying to choose between them and another brand.

MAXTOR

I build them for a living, and MAXTOR and IBM's are the only HD's I use.
They both have great service, and they don't haggle.

If the choice is WD or MAXTOR, it isn't really a choice.

uhhh, sorry to bust your bubble but

Western Digital is in TiVo, they have been shipping it this way for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back