Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

which is best to use BEFVP41 with 2 external users

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDIQ

Technical User
Jul 15, 2003
GB
My senario is I have 1 W2k server and a couple of other pc's connected to the BEFVP41. The W2Kserver has 2 network connections to the BEFVP41 (I was told I need this to setup VPN on W2k. The 2 other PC's are used to connect out to the internet. Howver I also now want a couple of remote users to access the W2k Server. I have 1 fixed IP address.

What is best and achivable for the remote users to connect to the w2k machine, Do I need to set up VPN tunnels in the BEFVP41 or can I configure the remote users to tunnel through the BEFVP41 to access the W2k machine where I can setup a vpn system build into W2k.

TDIQ,

I would recommend the same manner. Having this configurations:
[Remote Users]---(Internet)---[BEFVP41]---[Server & Computer]
(VPN Connection)
For you to remote access the Win2000 Server you would like to look for this site:

or

then you could open ports on the router to access the Win2000 without the need for VPN connections.

If ever you wanna access VPN, here are some configurations that might help you:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back