Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Which Heatshnk 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinx79

Technical User
Jul 16, 2003
GB
Hi

I am about to get a Athlon XP 2500 processor (barton) and heatsink. Does anyone have a recomendations for a good heatsink for this processor? I currently run a Athlon XP 2000 with a q-tec heatsink. It does an ok job with my 2000 but I would rather buy a new heatsink as the room my PC is kept in is quite warm.

Thanks

Jinx

Hi,

I agree with SYAR2003 entirely, but those heatsinks are quite large and do not fit all motherboards.

Check out the coolermaster JET7, I have a friend with the aero7 which is basically the same thing and it cools his overclocked barton 2800 very well.

I have the Aero 7 Lite and am very impressed. In tests it's actually a better perfomer than the regular version because it has a larger fan.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

Get the most copper surface area you can afford and can squeeze on your board.

Dito above
Aero 7 can be a bit load when turned up.
My favourate is the Thermalright SLK900 which has if not the best certainly one of the top thermal efficiecy ratings and because this heatsink can use 60/70 or 80mm fans, choosing a slower 80mm can give you quieter solution without loosing this heatsinks massive cooling potential.
Martin

Replying helps further our knowledge, without comment leaves us wondering.

Thanks for all the advice. I think that I'll probably go with the Thermalright SLK900.

Good choice .
Just make sure the mobo is supported .(for the neccesary space around the cpu socket)
They have a motherboard compability list there .

syar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back