Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WHICH DLL SHOULD BE USE FOR ORACLE 8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrystalReport

Programmer
Jul 6, 2000
IN
I am using vb as front end and i would like to connect backend as a oracle from crystal report 4.6 i have created the report using ODBC and it is working fine.<br>but now the problem is that how to pass a dsn from vb<br>to get connect to oracle via crystalreport. here is the sample code.<br><br>the code goes like this.<br><br>crystalreport1.LogonServer = &quot;dllname&quot;,&quot;servername&quot;,&quot;&quot;,&quot;userid&quot;,&quot;pwd&quot;<br><br>crystalreport1.ReportFileName=&quot;c:\report1.rpt&quot;<br>crystalreport1.WindowState=crptMaximize<br>crystalreport1.Action=1<br><br>it is necessary to write the 1st two line or which line is necesary and what is the syntax for that & which dll should be use for logonserver parameter.<br>when it is oracle 7.0<br><br>parameter was<br><br>cr1.logonserver = &quot;ps2odbc.dll&quot;,&quot;servername&quot;,&quot;&quot;,&quot;uid&quot;,&quot;pwd&quot;<br><br>pl. help me asap, i am in trouble.<br><br>from<br>pankaj<br><A HREF="mailto:pankajcash@homenetmail.com">pankajcash@homenetmail.com</A><br><br><br><br><br>

Hi !!<br><br>Have you tried to pass a resultset to crystal using Active Data (field definitions only) ??<br>

sorry i did'nt get ur question, pl. tell me in detail regarding this. <br><br>thanx in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back