Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Which assembler do I need for this ASM file??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonw96

Programmer
Jan 21, 2011
AU
Hi, I'm new, I was just wondering if you guys know what assembler I need to compile this code:
I need the assembler to make a lib, which then I can use QuickBasic 4.50's LINK program to make a library.

Thanks in advance.

-Jason W.

Looks like MASM will do it.

It is not possible for anyone to acknowledge truth when their salary depends on them not doing it.

i've tried versions 6.11, 6.14 and 6.15.
Are there any command line options I might not be aware of?

Thanks.

Providing some clues as to what dosn't work might help
do you get any error msgs?

I do not Have A.D.D. im just easily, Hey look a Squirrel!

Sorry, I can't find an edit function
Here's the right link:
http:\\briskaservice.t35.com\output.txt

I didn't have any problem assembling the source you posted. Whether it works in your application or not is another story.

It does look like you have an old version of MASM so you probably need to look at updating it.

It is not possible for anyone to acknowledge truth when their salary depends on them not doing it.

There's what I'm using specifies.

Code:
Microsoft (R) Macro Assembler Version 6.14.8444
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1981-1997.  All rights reserved.

I got MASM 6.14.8444
I type "ML VESACORE.ASM" and I still get errors like:

"instruction or register not accepted in current CPU mode"
"invalid instruction operands"

Do you guys just type "ML VESACORE.ASM"? Because that sounds impossible now. Haha.

-Jason

Code:
ml /c vesacore.asm

This creates an OBJ with the same first name part as the ASM file. If you don't specify the /C, it assumes you wish to both assemble and link into an executable, which you have stated you do not desire to do. Also, the ASM you posted is not structured to do this.

WOW!
I can't thank you enough!
I am lost for words!
Thankyou infinity!

Now, I typed LINK /QU VESACORE and I got:

-----
LINK : error L2043: Quick Library support module missing

VESACORE.OBJ(vesacore.asm) : error L2029 : 'SVGAMouseOn' : unresolved external
VESACORE.OBJ(vesacore.asm) : error L2029 : 'TempCursorBufferX' : unresolved exte
rnal
VESACORE.OBJ(vesacore.asm) : error L2029 : 'TempCursorBuffer' : unresolved exter
nal
VESACORE.OBJ(vesacore.asm) : error L2029 : 'CursorBuffer' : unresolved external
: error L2029 : '__aulstart' : unresolved external

There were 6 errors detected
-----

Do you know what's wrong? I guess that "external" means that theres some file needed missing? Am I right? Can the code tell me what's missing?

Thank you

-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back