Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Which Antivirus you recommend

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightGhos

Programmer
Nov 5, 2004
US
I want to hear some good recommendations from you expert people of a good Antivirus Enterprise Level.

We have a Windows 2003 R2 Server i want to protect very good with a good antivirus. We have around 80+ users.

Let me know.

===================================
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in big numbers
===================================

I have used Mcafee, Sophos and Symantec in the past. I currently use Eset Nod32 and would actually rate that the top one myself.

Simon

The real world is not about exam scores, it's about ability.

Kasperky's got a great product that has a very small footprint. Even when running a scan, it doesn't take more that about 6-10% CPU utilization. AVG is great also, it's the one I use (small footprint, very economical, licensing isn't weird like some of the bigger companies). Symantec is ok but too much overhead and costly. Hate McAfee, never had good results with it. Haven't messed with Sophos, but I've seen reports that it along with Computer Associates AV, that they tend to miss a lot (again don't have first hand experience with them). Trend has good stuff, although they recently had a major bug issue with their software that had to be patched otherwise it provided some form of backdoor access.

One of the things I've learned is (my opinion only) that it's better to go with a company whose sole focus is AV/threat management. Some of these other companies do a little bit of everything and I feel they tend to lose concentration on one product and it ends up only good and not great.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back