Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wherr is temporary Sales Order data stored?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cricketman

Technical User
Nov 8, 2003
US
Environment: MS Small Business Server 2000, w/SQL Server 2000, Microsoft Great Plains 7.0.

I'm having a small application developed that needs to extract some data from a temporary "SO" (sales order) in MS Great Plains ("GP"). I need help in locating where some of this data resides before the SO is actually saved.

When a user creates a new SO in GP, our installation is configured so that it automatically assigns the SO a unique number which cannot be changed. It also gets the system date by default (although that CAN be changed so we can type invoices in advance of the day the order will be shipped). The user then selects a Customer, a SO Batch Date and finally actual Line Items to sell on the SO.

During this process, as soon as the GP user TABS thru the SO Number field, a new record is created in table SOP10100 with the SO number in field SOPNUMBE. My problem is that none of the OTHER fields in this newly created record get any data yet - even AFTER the user selects the customer, date, line items, etc - the record still has either blank or useless default data in all fields except the SOPNUMBE field. Once the user hits SAVE, the rest of the fields are populated with the real data.

Problem is, the app I'm having developed needs to get hold of some of that info BEFORE the invoice is actually saved - specifically customer zip code & invoice date. There MUST be a temporary table somewhere that holds this info until the user saves the invoice, right? Anyone know what it would be or how I can find out?

Thanks,

bugman

There is no temporary data store.

Line records are saved as soon as you move off a line. The header has a placeholder record created in the table to ensure no one else gets the same number. When the transaction is saved the header information is copied from the window in Great Plains to the Dexterity Table Buffer and saved to the table.

The data you are looking for is in memory, not stored on any table. You may be able to use Dexterity, VBA or Continuum to get to this data prior to it being written into a table.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

Any views contained within are my personal views and
not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
and confers no rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back