Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where's nbstat? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

snootalope

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2001
US
Why can I not run nbstat on my fresh copy of XP pro? I thought this was a common DOS command? Anyone know? Knowing everything about pc's would be like knowing everything about women! Why do they do the things they do???

You are trying to run nbtstat and not nbstat, yes..?

Well, No to both of ya.. niether helps! Thanks though..
Anyone else?
Knowing everything about pc's would be like knowing everything about women! Why do they do the things they do???

what are you trying to do ?
are you using LMHOSTS ?

nbtstat works under cmd.exe

need more info. you are running this from the command line windows (aka DOS session)?

You need to run nbtstat. Nbstat never existed and won't work. Running it from a command prompt in XP will work.

Thank You very much!! One stupied letter this whole time! ha ha.. well, back to hackin..
Thanks Alot Knowing everything about pc's would be like knowing everything about women! Why do they do the things they do???

I was having the same idiotic problem. I feel stupid now. Thanks guys. :( If I was given 6 hours to cut down a tree, I'd spend the first four sharpening the axe. (A. Lincoln)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back