Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where was my file Saved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skildner

MIS
Sep 10, 2003
US
I opened a word document directly from an email attachment and rather than using the "save-as" function I just hit the "save" button after I was finished editing. In Windows XP this file would have been saved in a temporary folder, but I can't seem to find it in Windows 7. I have done a search for *.doc and it didn't come up. Where would this file have been saved to? Does Windows 7 save temporary files? Thanx for the help.

Try opening Word and clicking on the File Menu, there should be a list of the most recent documents that were opened and saved.

Recovery of MS Office Files from Temp Files

Description of how Word creates temporary files

The easiest way to get to your Temp folder is to type %temp% in the Start Run box.

If you wish to navigate to...C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Temp... you will have to show BOTH hidden and system files in Control Panel/ Folder Options/ View. You may also have to show those type of files to get Windows Search to see them in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back