Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where to start with SQL and citrix solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbalz

Technical User
Jul 25, 2008
US
Hello, I work for a computer design company and a customer would like a server running Microsoft Windows Server 2003, and then be able to run Microsoft SQL 2005 with about 50 users with a Citrix solution. How would I go about doing this?, where would I find solutions to this type of network setup? Who would be able to tell me more information on how this would all work together and how many license would I need for SQL 2005?, Would I need licenses to use the Citrix solution as well? I would really apreciate some insite on this, because I just don't know where to start.

Thank you

tbalz,
You're going to need a number of licenses in order to stand up a Citrix environment.

here is a quick run down:
1. OS License for Citrix servers (How ever many your going to have).
2. OS License for your SQL Servers.
3. SQL License (probably per proc)
4. TSCAL Licenses
5. Citrix Server License (you will only need to pay for 1 of these)
6. Citrix Connection Licenses (how ever many concurrent session you will have in your enviornment).

I probably missed 1 or 2 but that should cover the basic Citrix env.

Network environment shouldn't really matter because ICA was engineered to run in very limited bandwidth connections.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back