Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where to set the digit "9" for outgoing calls in Emetrotel UCX250

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoJHK

Systems Engineer
Nov 16, 2017
HK
Hi,

I need to setup users to dial "9" to make outside calls.
I did not find any setup in the outbound route?

Did Emetrotel default "9" as outgoing call?

Thanks!

For outbound calls, you can either use a prefix or you can create a pattern that matches valid phone numbers without any prefix. You can also define an outbound route that allows both (dialing with and without prefix).
Let's say you want to dial 11 digits phones numbers in North America with the prefix 9 (e.g., 9 1 613 555 1234) - to do that, you'd add in the "Dial Patterns that will use this Route" area the pattern:

[pre]Prepend Prefix Match Pattern / Caller ID
empty 9 1NXXNXXXXXX
[/pre]To allow calls to be dialed without any prefix (e.g. 1 613 555 1234), the pattern would be:

empty empty 1NXXNXXXXXX
[/pre]To allow users to enter just 10 digits without any prefix (e.g. 613 555 1234) when the CO needs 11 digits (including the country code 1), the pattern would be:

1 empty NXXNXXXXXX
[/pre]etc. etc.
You can have a number of different patterns in a single outbound route.

Hi ucxguy,

Thanks for your information.
I have the followingquestion:

- where to define digit 9 as outgoing call and which trunk (suppose I have more than two trunk groups)? How about I need 0 to access the trunk?

Which trunk(s) or trunk group(s) are to be used when you dial 9 and some number - that is configured in the outbound route that uses 9 as the prefix in the section Trunk Sequence for Matched Routes. When the pattern is matched, the call is sent to the configured trunk(s).

I am not exactly sure what you meant by the "0 to access the trunk". If you want users to dial 0 to dial out, you would put the 0 into the prefix field in the outbound route. If you need to pre-dial 0 before sending dialed digits to the trunk, then you'd have to put the 0 into the prepend field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back