Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where to post Q about Microsoft Powertoys App? Solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwbMitel

Technical User
Oct 11, 2005
CA
[highlight #FCE94F]Solved[/highlight]

Sorry I know this is not a forum for Microsoft Apps but I am really struggling with setting up a keyboard shortcut to substitute text for a key and Powertoys is what my company recommends, but does not support.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

a keyboard shortcut to substitute text for a key" - do you mean, let's say you are in Word, you hit [tt]Ctrl-Shift-k[/tt] on your keyboard and you get text "kwbMitel is a nice person" in Word?

---- Andy

"Hmm...they have the internet on computers now"--Homer Simpson

I have successfully used AutoHotKey for this purpose (shortcuts for text substitution).[ ] When I needed some help with it I posted on this site's "Microsoft:[ ]Windows" forum.

[sub][ ]—————————————————————————————————[/sub]
[sup]Engineering mathematician/analyst.[ ] See my profile for more details.[/sup]

@Deniall

It's a company laptop and I don't authorize or control what I have access to Install. Powertoys is whitelisted and even then I can't install it, but it has been installed.

@Andrejek

Sort of? Not application specific but more general. As an example I was successful in remapping the Period "." to the NumPad Decimal "." to take care of an issue I had where my laptop does not have a Numpad virtual or otherwise.

To All, The version that is on the work laptop is a bit behind. I downloaded the Latest to my personal PC and the setting are easy to send text when a key is pressed.

e.g. I just Pressed F9​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back