Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where to go from here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hulign

Technical User
Apr 15, 2024
US
Hey gang, love the content!

I am running a Partner Rev6 system for our small business and I have been thinking about an upgrade.

The partner system works well but I am wanting a few improvements.

I would really like a better caller ID system. An auto switching voicemail feature for lunch & business hours that stores other messages so I can easily choose what message plays after hours and holidays.

The ability to take after hours calls on a IP line or my cell phone.

It doesn't need to be a cutting edge/new system. But it should be easy to setup.

There is a 500v2 system for sale locally which is pretty loaded (it was for a local school). The current owner hasn't done a reset and there is still a card in it with the keys.

Would that system be a good replacement< We currently have 3 incoming lines with 10 or so extensions, with an analog passthru for the fax.It all hits our building via a direct connection to our ALLO fiber (modem?).

Thanks for any and all info!

(My comments apply to the legacy Partner ACS).

A legacy Partner ACS R8 mated with an Avaya Partner Messaging R7 can "check a few of the boxes". The R8 processor can send Caller ID to SLTs. The Avaya Partner Messaging has "open & closed" mode which can be toggled by either a button at X10 or X11 or by a preset schedule.

Call Forwarding can be ordered from the service provider. The Partner can Call Forward, but it would tie-up two telephone lines which could cause audio attenuation. Service provider Call Forwarding is a better option.

The IP Office can very likely can check off most of those boxes, but I'll need to step aside to technicians familiar with the system. [smile]

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back